Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The Day After Tomorrow...by, Mandy

Only two days until we leave and I feel every emotion heightened. We've been planning and praying for months now and to think it's finally here is unreal! Our materials are packed, and I've got three weeks of clothes smashed into one suitcase (with every type medicine known-to-man included). Seems like I'm prepared, but no one can fully be prepared for something like this.

God has so much in store for this trip, not only for the children that we will be serving, but for us as well. He has hand-picked each one of us for a specific reason, and I feel so blessed to get to be a part of the seeds he is going to plant, and the lives he is going to change. I pray we can be a light to this city- and when we leave they will have experienced the love of Christ through us. I pray that each of us go with a servant attitude and that God is continually reminding us that this is all for Him.

I just ask that you all pray pray pray for safety, health, and guidance for our team as we make this journey. Keep reading our posts to stay updated on how the Lord is working in our lives and the lives of these children.

Mandy


Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"

Isaiah 6:8

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I miss you already!!! I got a chance to read some stories of citizens involved in the persecuted church this past week in NC. I know God's at work there, and He's going to work through you all! I'm praying for you, and I'm super glad that you're safe. The kids are going to love you all...talk to you soon hopefully!

Anonymous said...

Dear Mandy,

I am so proud of what you are doing and the special person that you have grown into. My prayers will be with you and your team during your trip! I can't wait to hear more!

Love,
Aunt Becky