Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Almost There...by Tatum

It is crazy to think that five and a half years God gave me the desire to serve in East Asia. At the time I did not know what that looked like, but I wanted to go right then and there. Now it is God's time and working with children everyday for the past three years has certainly been a welcomed preparation for knowing how to relate to the children in East Asia.

I am looking forward to connecting with each child there during our three week stay. I cannot wait to be exhausted every night we get back to our "home" from running out in the blazing sun with these amazing children. I want to show them how much God loves them through everything we do. I know that God is and will use this trip to change my life forever, and I pray that our team will be used to change these children's lives for eternity.

~Tatum

1 comments:

DJJones said...

Hey Tatum! Well, our camp is over, and though they were not at camp this year, we did get to see Bogdan and Ramona the last night at the campfire, and they both said "Hi". I told them where you were and what you were doing, and they both seemed really excited for you. All your friends here in Romania say "Hi" and are praying for you all. Hope things continue to go well for you all.

Also, please pray for Toby - he twisted his knee at the campfire last night and will have his right leg immobilized for the long flight home on Tuesday.

DJ